Day 164 Question 164:
What are some “strange” things you do/habits you have?
1) I always eat the cake first then the icing…bottom to top. This goes with a lot of desserts/foods…with Oreos I eat the cookie then the cream. I save the best for last. Wow now that I am thinking about it, I do a lot of weird things with food. With bagels I peel off the edge and eat that first and save the doughy part for last. I will sometimes eat the hamburger bun before the actual burger. I am starting to think it could be a real show for people to watch me eat.
2) I cannot eat when I get home from the gym. I HAVE to shower before I eat no matter how hungry I am.
3) I tap my fingers together (a lot of the time not realizing) while doing musical scales in my head…I don’t play an instrument. :0)
4) I write important things I need to do on the space between my thumb and first finger. I believe that if it is written on my body I cannot forget to do it. I sometimes forget to do those things :0) I may end up dying from ink poisoning and still have my to do list unfinished ;0)
5) I cannot sleep with less than 4 pillows and that is the ABSOLUTE minimum.
6) There are many foods I cannot eat simply because of the texture: calamari, mushrooms, tomatoes, jello, etc. I HATE HATE HATE that slimy feeling…it makes me feel like I am eating slimy human body parts.
7) I am TERRIFIED of raccoons. There is NOTHING cute about them. I think they are little mutants that just want to give the entire population rabies.
8) Unless I am at a movie theatre, it is rare that I will sit through an entire movie/documentary without pausing it about 5-10 times because I have ants in my pants and just need to look at other things or get up and do something. I am starting to wonder if I might just have ADD ;0)
9) Everytime I see LOL typed out I cringe. I admit I have written it but I try to avoid it at all costs. There is probably less than a 1% chance that someone actually laughed out loud at that very moment….FALSE ADVERTISING…hahahaha!!!!
Note to self…. no more Lol to Diane on a text message. 😉
Ha Ha I admit I am guilty of it myself :0)
Haha (I decided against writing LOL), I like your number one. I do similar things with food. Actually with Oreos, I throw out half the cookie, and only eat the half with the cream on it. When eating colorful candy, I usually try to eat the colors evenly. Like at the end, I want one of each color left.
So what’s wrong with “lots of love” being sent out into the World? LOL! 🙂
My idiosyncrasies are many and varied like lemmings running to sea, that I fear to list ALL of them would take up way too much space on your blog! (really DID grin then!) I will say that I am a compulsive list maker (although on paper), pause television programs MANY times (much to the chagrin of my partner), and eat frosting by itself and pasta sauce in a bowl with no actual pasta / noodles (not a huge fan of starchy foods…)! So if we’re not exactly in the SAME boat, Diane, our vessels are at least sailing parallel! 🙂
Heya Diane, just sending some sunshine your way!
I also despise LOL, but love all those slimey foods you name. I also like good pillow support for sleeping. I have a good friend who is always writing notes on her hand between her thumb and forefinger! Thanks for sharing more of your “quirks” that truly bring you to life for us!
I hate cucumbers. Everyone says “Why, cucumbers have no taste nor smell!” But who hates cucumbers, including me, believes they have uncomfortable taste and small. What about you?
I definitely don’t like cucumbers…yuck!!!!!
Ah, we stand on the same side against cucumbers, my friend!
Skittles. Only 2 in my mouth at a time, same flavor. One goes to each side of the mouth for equitable distribution. When down to 1 flavor of Skittle, I bite right down the middle, as best I can, then send each half to a side, again for fairness and equality.
That is AWESOME!!!!!
I strip a twix bar layer by layer. 4 pillows is a minimum. Coffee is a must. Have to wash my feet before I go to bed no matter what – they must be freshly washed feet to hit the sheets. Hand washing also hints at OCD.