Day 60 Question 60:
Throughout life what are some of the life lessons, tips, words of advice you have received?
Throughout life I have been given many life lessons from different people throughout my journey. I have received words of advice and tips that have stuck with me throughout the years that have rang true all the way through. I thought it would be fun and interesting to share with my readers what words of wisdom I have received throughout life and see how they compare. Some of these might come with a comical value but if you think about them they are still true ;0)
1) If you BELIEVE you are defeated, you are in fact defeated! (I live by this)
2) Don’t run with scissors!
3) Don’t judge a book by its cover! (I have had to re-learn this MANY times)
4) Being in a relationship does not define you and is not the end all be all!
5) Trust your instincts! (They are shouting at you for a reason)
6) Sex tapes and naked pictures are NEVER a good idea! (I do not know this from personal experience…I swear…but come on…you know you would leak them if someone did wrong by you ;0)
7) The 5 second rule applies in MOST situations NOT ALL!
8) Men are simple. Women are complicated. Live it. Learn It. Accept It!
9) It is your choice to be happy and it is your choice to be unhappy. If you choose the latter don’t make everyone else suffer.
10) Two wrongs do not make a right…even when you are super pissed. No good will ever come from slashing someone’s tires or calling them out all over Facebook! Trust me…YOU will look like the bigger fool.
11) Don’t be the person you think everyone else wants you to be. It will only cause stress and anxiety and you will eventually forget who you really are.
12) NO ONE knows everything. A know-it-all is never appealing. Think before you speak. Do you really know as much as you think you do?
13) Paying someone a compliment (even a complete stranger) could turn their whole day around.
14) SHARE! This applied when we were kids and it still applies now. Don’t be selfish…it only makes you ugly and no one will want to be your friend.
15) Money and material items will NEVER buy you happiness. The only way there is through kindness and compassion.
16) Take ownership for your actions. Say Sorry when it is needed. It may be insanely difficult but the weight off your shoulders will be well worth it.
17) Stay clear of ANY products with an anal leakage warning.
18) Meet your neighbors. You never know when you might need a cup of sugar or a ride to the emergency room!
19) There IS a different between sexy and slutty.
20) Don’t manipulate to get what you want. Babies and children do that…let’s leave it up to them!
So I am dying to know what words of wisdom you have learned throughout this journey called life! Remember sharing is caring! ;0)