Day 58 Question 58

Day 58 Question 58:

What are some of your favorite songs?

Music is everything.  In just a matter of seconds your mood can change entirely by listening to a song.  I don’t tend to steer toward any type of music.  I am more the type of person that enjoys the lyrics of a song and the vocalist.  A lot of people want to strangle me because I detest Johnny Cash.  I just can’t get past the sound of his voice.  His lyrics may be amazing and he may have incredible stories to tell but there is nothing about the sound of his voice that is appealing to me.  I love a voice that draws me in.  I can’t explain how it draws me in, it just does.  I thought I would open up my world of music and share some of my favorites.  A lot of these songs bring me back to different parts of my life and bring me back to the story that has brought me to where I am now.  If you choose to check these songs out I ask that you listen to the lyrics and feel the music…see if anything is relatable to you.  :0)  What are some of your favs???

<br>

This entry was posted in Blog, Blogging, Fun, Inspiration, Journal, Life, Love, Philosophy, random thoughts, Thoughts, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Day 58 Question 58

1. The Drummer Poet says:

Music is everything to me. It surrounds me, it holds me, it carries me.

Some of my favourites:
    – Good times : Eddie Brickell and the new bohemians
    – What I am : Eddie Brickell and the new bohemians
    – From the Mezzanine album by Massive Attack:
    — Angel
    — Teardrop
    – Anything from Afrocelt sound system
    – Anything by Hans Zimmer (take a listen to the Inception soundtrack)
    – John Powell (How to train your dragon soundtrack)
    – 6 underground by the Sneaker Pimps
    – MuteMath have some fascinating songs with awesome lyrics
    – P.O.D. for when you need some positive aggressive energy!

2. jannath says:

Ooooo i have too many favorites to count. It all really depends on my mood and whats going on around me at the moment. While I love some of the music out today (ADELE!), I’m one of those people that feels the alternative rock movement in the 90’s was the be all and end all. hehehe

3. brains says:

johnny cash – eww. can’t stand him. in kind, i love bruce springsteen, and some people would react to him the way you react to johnny cash. understandable.

here’s a question for one of your upcoming posts: which would you prefer to keep – and why – if you had to lose either your vision or your hearing?

4. irenelefort says:

Generally I am a lyrics person. I can’t stand voices like Nelly Furtado. I love french chansons, although I don’t understand most of it. 🙂

5. Great songs. I’m partial to anything that puts a smile on my face… for example:

or a substantially newer song:

6. jwhitmanmusic says:

Music is a major part of my life (from listening to writing my own), and the one song that stands out in my mind is “(Can’t You) Trip Like I Do” by Filter & The Crystal Method.

7. eof737 says:

Great selection of tunes… I love music! 🙂

8. granbee says:

Maybe I am just old, but much of U2 and REM still rocks me as I do routine chores! Also, I love everything by Charlotte Church in her very young teens! And Pavarotti! Also, I really enjoy this Incubus acoustic number! Thanks SO much for sharing and stimulating so many wonderful musical memories!