Day 149 Question 149:
What is something you find really “weird”?
Ok I must clobber a specific topic….ONLINE DATING!! Ok I am 33 years old and I live in a place that is overtaken by tourists. I don’t drink so the bar scene is not where I hang out. I work 2 jobs and I do meet people randomly here and there but as far as dating goes…yes, I have gone to the online world. In a way I figure it might be a little easier because it gives me a chance to express myself in writing (which I feel most comfortable) and things can go at a pace that both parties feel comfortable with. Ha Ha, if only it was that easy. I am sure there are many women on dating sites that leave a lot to be desired…I am just speaking from a woman’s point of view and personal experience…I am AMAZED and SHOCKED at the things that men will say to women…and some of these men are in their late 30’s and even forties.
Maybe I am just naïve and maybe online dating is just a sexual playground for most people. I just don’t understand why so many people lie and I don’t understand how men can seriously start a conversation talking about “getting down”. I kid you not, I received one email that said: DTF? Yes, that was all it said. If any of you are oblivious to what this charming expression means….it means DOWN TO FUCK???? It took off at the same time that all of those Jersey Shore idiots became popular….the time that women idolized these toolbags with fake tans and hair that should be illegal. Apparently for some reason there are women where stuff like that works…I am not that woman. Ok, so I have decided to share the content of my profile as well as some of the responses I have received. I admit that my profile is a little bit long winded, but that is me and I am not going to be fake or dumb myself down in order to get a date. I am open to suggestions of anything I should maybe change or delete….I mainly wanted to give my readers a laugh with some of the responses I received. I have received emails from men into their 50’s that have asked to be my “sugardaddy” and I even had one send me a link to a diamond ring through Zales and said he believed that one day it could be mine….this is someone I had NEVER met.
Ok here is the About Me section of my profile:
Yes I can be a serious person and love in depth conversations but I absolutely love to laugh until I have tears streaming down my face. Every moment in life is an opportunity and I see that more and more all of the time. I am the type of person that does everything better to make my life situation as positive as possible. I don’t drink and I have found that a lot of people are weirded out by that (I didn’t have a problem-I just chose one day to cut it out of my life). I am always having moments of clarity and hope to reach ennlightenment. I read a lot and never want the learning process to end. The world has so much to offer and I want to take in an much as I possibly can. I am unsure of the type of person I could end up with…it is one of those things I believe will just be a natural progression. I do however know that I can no longer allow myself to be molded in order to be the person someone else wants me to be and I do not want to change someone in order for them to fit my life situation. That is not the way that real love works. I have a lot to share and would love to share tons of experiences with someone. Sometimes people will tell me to just relax and not take life so seriously. I am not an uptight person. I am actually quite a free-spirit but I do love the beauty life has to offer and what is the harm in wanting to learn from the perspectives of others. I will ask a lot of questions. If you don’t ask questions you will never know…
I am a beautiful person and would love to meet someone that just makes me smile, laugh and intrigues me. I believe dating, relationships and love should not be complicated. They should actually be very easy if it is real and genuine.
If you have read this far (which I know many havent because I get a lot of emails being asked what I do–really???) then I leave you with some idea of who I am. I do not have a set of rules or guidelines but with these questions/statements you will get a better idea of me:
1) I would much rather talk to you on the phone or in person than have a relationship via text (I believe we have lost personal contact amongst each other because of technology-and yes I am just as guilty).
2) Are you willing to do any of these things: take a yoga class with me, check out thrift stores, go zipling at Broadway, check out cultural places (there is a buddhist monestary in NMB I would love to check out), spend summer days on the beach, etc?
3) I absolutely love to laugh
4) Do you constantly believe that girls are drama queens? I can be intense from time to time but because I have emotions and am passionate this does not mean I am a drama queen. If this is the way you view most women we will probably not be the right fit.
5) I don’t understand why people don’t put effort in when it comes to meeting/getting to know someone. It is exciting to get to know new people. People surprise me (in a good way) all of the time. If you aren’t interested it’s not big deal. And if you say you are going to call then call or follow through with what you have said-first off it is polite and secondly, I am a big girl and can handle it if you don’t want to call. I just prefer the truth—it eliminates a lot of mind games.
6) It is not always easy but I try to focus strictly on the NOW! This is all there is. The past and the future are an illusion and there is nothing we can do to change either, so I find it important to simply be in the now. Enjoy the moment for what it is. It is amazing how much inner peace you can experience by doing this.
And if we don’t meet or don’t click I reccommend anyone that reads my profile to read the book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle-this is probably the most phenomenal book I have ever read in my life-absolutely life changing.
“Will it bring me happiness?” That simple question can be a powerful tool in helping us skillfully conduct all areas of our lives. It puts a new slant on things. Approaching our daily decisions and choices with this question in mind shifts the focus from what we are denying ourselves to what we are seeking—ultimate happiness.'”~Dalai Lama
Pictured below are some of the responses I have received from men….yes their pictures are there…I am sure no one on here knows them…and if they do they should slap them (hahahaha). Feedback would definitely be wonderful. I am by no means desperate for a date but I am wondering where the good ones hide out…anyone have that answer????